Recipe by Engrossed
Got this from a mincemeat brand website. I haven't tried them yet but they sound good.
Top Review by rhedgebeth
I first made this for a reception - sounded great! Terrific recipe. They disappeared in no time. Once refrigerated make good finger service. I originally got the recipe off the mincemeat site, but it wasn't there when I went looking for it today. I agree with the comments about a bit of trouble getting the "crust" to go around, but certainly wouldn't double it.<br/><br/>@Dahn98 27 oz. is one jar - I think this was the source of your difficulties.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, cold
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (27 ounce) jarready-to-use mincemeat (Regular or Brandy & Rum)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.
- Reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture, press the rest on the bottom and halfway up sides of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spoon mincemeat over crust.
- Combine remaining ingredients except reserved crumb mixture and mix well. Pour over mincemeat. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes; reduce oven to 350. Bake 40 minutes longer or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool. Cut into squares.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. You also can top this with ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.