1 hr 30 mins
The perfect autumn comfort food. Adding the mascarpone makes this dish smooth, creamy and rich. Well worth the time and effort. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small pie pumpkin (either roasted or diced and boiled)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (cream cheese if you cannot find mascarpone)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped (also can substitute hazelnuts)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Sage Butter Sauce
- 1Slice seeded pumpkin in half and roast until soft in preheated 375 degree oven. Also can instead dice and boil pumpkin for 10-15 minutes. I prefer the roasting of the pumpkin for a richer flavor.
- 2Make mound of flour on clean work surface then "hollow out" the center where you will add your eggs.
- 3Add eggs (one at a time), oil and salt to flour "well" and mix flour into eggs gradually.
- 4Once flour and eggs are completely incorporated, knead dough 5-10 minutes until it stiffens. Add water if dough is too dry, flour is it is too wet.
- 5Once pumpkin has completely cooled, use food proccessor to puree.
- 6Add in nuts, nutmeg, mascarpone, salt and pepper, egg, and parmesan and pulse until well mixed.
- 7Roll out thin even sheet of pasta dough onto well floured surface.
- 8Drop filling by even spoonfuls onto one side of pasta dough. Remember to leave space between to close raviolis.
- 9Brush water in between filling to seal edges.
- 10Fold over other side of pasta sheet to form top layer.
- 11Cut raviolis along seals with pizza cutter or ravioli cutter.
- 12Drop into salted boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- 13Drain and pour out onto serving platter.
- 14In saute pan melt butter using low heat.
- 15When butter begins to look golden brown add sage and nutmeg, then warm for only 15-20 seconds.
- 16Pour butter sauce over ravioli, and for some added crunch, crumble with amaretti cookies!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Mascarpone Ravioli With Sage Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.0
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 283.5 mg
- Sodium 265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: