Recipe by byZula
Top Review by anonymous23
Moist and sweet--delicious. I used half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose, olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and probably a little more than a cup of pumpkin (I eyeballed it). And I came out with a perfect dozen, just like the recipe said (that never happens). I will be making these again.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*F (200*C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- For filling, combine cream cheese, sugar and maple syrup in small bowl until blended.
- For batter, combine flour, sugar, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Mix eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, oil and maple syrup in medium bowl; add to flour mixture, mixing until just blended. Fold in filling mixture just until batter is swirled.
- For topping, mix together sugar and nuts in small bowl.
- Fill prepared muffin tin, dividing batter evenly. Sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins.