Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Best made in the morning and served the same day.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 2 1/2 quart baking dish or souffle dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1st 9 ingredients, and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into prepared dish, and bake for 1 hour, or until almost set. (The pudding should jiggle slightly in the center).
- Sprinkle with the pecans. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to chill.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.