Recipe by Nana Lee
This is similar to a pie I baked many years ago for an "after election party". The one I baked was a chiffon pie, and I received a marriage proposal in the elevator going up to the reception room!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, dough
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon natural maple flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 400ºF.
- Roll pie crust disk out on lightly floured surface to 13-inch-diameter round (about 1/8-inch thick).
- Roll up dough on rolling pin and transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie plate.
- Gently press into place.
- Trim edges of crust, leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
- Fold excess under. Crimp edges.
- Freeze until crust is firm, about 15 minutes.
- Line pie crust with foil, leaving 3-inch overhang.
- Fill foil with beans or pie weights.
- Fold extra foil gently over crust edges.
- Bake until crust is set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans.
- Cool pie crust slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients (except Maple Whipped Cream) to blend in bowl.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until filling is set, covering crust edges with foil if browning too quickly, about 55 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut pie into wedges and serve with Maple Whipped Cream.
- To make Maple Whipped Cream:
- Whip cream with syrup in large bowl until soft peaks form.