Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are still wonderful without icing!
Make and share this Pumpkin Maple Dreams recipe from Food.com.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter (no substitutions)
- 59.14 ml Crisco shortening (plain)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 44.37 ml butter
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar (icing)
- 22.18 ml milk
- 3.69-4.92 ml maple extract
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml finely chopped nuts (pecans OR walnuts are good)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, add in the egg; mix well.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla; mix very well.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake until set (about 15 minutes).
- Cool on wire racks.
- FOR FROSTING: In a bowl, cream butter and both extracts using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add in the icing sugar, alternating with milk, beating well after each addition, until smooth and fluffy, and the desired consistancy for spreading on cookies is achieved.
- Spread OR pipe with a star-tipped pastry bag, a thin layer of frosting on top of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
What a delicious cookie. Made these today for Thanksgiving. I hope they last that long. Thanks Kitten for another winning recipe.