These cookies are still wonderful without icing!
My Private Note
doz (ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1/4 cup Crisco shortening (plain)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet.
- 3In a bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 4In another bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, add in the egg; mix well.
- 5Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla; mix very well.
- 6Slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined.
- 7Stir in raisins.
- 8Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- 9Bake until set (about 15 minutes).
- 10Cool on wire racks.
- 11FOR FROSTING: In a bowl, cream butter and both extracts using an electric mixer.
- 12Gradually add in the icing sugar, alternating with milk, beating well after each addition, until smooth and fluffy, and the desired consistancy for spreading on cookies is achieved.
- 13Spread OR pipe with a star-tipped pastry bag, a thin layer of frosting on top of each cookie.
- 14Sprinkle with nuts.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Maple Dreams
Serving Size: 1 (1857 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1615.4
- Calories from Fat 710
- Total Fat 78.9 g
- Saturated Fat 39.7 g
- Cholesterol 198.5 mg
- Sodium 1808.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 143.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g