Cook2 hrs 45 mins
From Everyday Food via Eduardo Braniff, with additional inspiration from Eating Well.
Make and share this Pumpkin Maple Custard recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cream, milk, syrup, and pumpkin, Bringing to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together yolks, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add hot cream mixture to the yolk mixture, straining through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pyrex measuring cup.
- Divide mixture evenly among six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- Line the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with a kitchen towel to prevent custards from scorching; place ramekins on top of towel.
- Place in oven on center rack, and pour enough boiling water in pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, and bake until custard is set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate, covered first with paper towel (to absorb moisture), and then with plastic wrap, for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Serve garnished with chopped crystallized ginger and sweetened whipped cream.