Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
This Comes from Miss Sandra Lee herself. A great cookbook called Semi-Homemade cooking 3. This also works well with molasses.
- butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 loaf cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup grade a maple syrup
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar brandied hard sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Toss together cubed raisin bread and pecans in casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, EXCEPT hard sauce and maple extract. Pour over bread cubes. Let soak for 1 hour, occasionally pressing bread down into custard.
- Bake bread in heated oven for 60 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove hard sauce lid and place jar in microwave-safe bowl. Fill bowl with water halfway up the side of the jar. Heat on High in microwave for 30-40 seconds. Remove and stir in maple extract. Drizzle over bread pudding.