Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Pumpkin Bread enhanced with real maple syrup and plump golden raisins. This recipe makes a very large loaf that rises well and is a moist bread. I usually double the recipe. Delicious served presliced and spread with cinnamon cream cheese spread. Great for a buffet.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Dust with flour. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,.
- cinnamon and allspice in large bowl. Mix with whisk.
- Beat eggs with pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup, and oil in a medium bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Gently fold in raisins and nuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes,or until toothpick test indicates done.
- Author's note: my oven takes 1 hour and 30 minutes for this bread at 325°F using a stoneware bread pan.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn out on rack.