Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The pecans and maple syrup add a very nice touch. This is a traditional Jewish Sephardic recipe.
- 1 cup ground pecans (about 1/3 lb. shelled halves)
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of, , yellow only
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- Combine pecans, flour, lemon peel& coconut in a medium bowl.
- Tip egg white into another med bowl& beat with a hand mixer till soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the syrup& vanilla, then fold into pecan mix, adding pumpkin as you go.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper& drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto it.
- Let relax at room temp 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Bake mid-oven till just beginning to brown, 25-30 min.
- Let cool on rack till completely cool.
- Store tightly covered.
I think Mystergirl hit it head on! These rock! The flavour is very simple and they were a snap to make. My only problem was waiting to let them cool down enough so I could eat one without burning myself! My husband, again, was somewhat disenchanted with the lack of 'sweet' that these had... but said they were 'better than the other ones'. ;) Thanks, Mirjam, guess I'll just be makin' these for myself!
OH OH OH just had to make these two of my favorite things macaroons and pumpkin. DELICIOUS
Let's see, pumpkin, pecans, coconut and maple syrup. Does it get any better than that? Great taste and really simple. Only problem that I had was that it didn't make enough, had to make a second batch. Thanks for posting it Mirjam.