Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my wife's co-workers made this for a holiday party and she loved it so much that she got a copy of the recipe to make at home. Since I use Food.com to consolidate all of my dishes (makes shopping so much easier) it became my task to track down the original recipe and transfer it here. I found the original at http://sweettreatsmore.com/2011/11/pumpkin-lust-cake/ so credit to them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxesjello instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- nutmeg, for sprinkling
- For the crust: Combine butter, flour, chopped pecans and sugar and press into a 9 x 13 in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 cups cool whip until smooth. Spread over crust.
- For the Pumpkin Layer: Mix pudding mixes with cold milk, whisking for several minutes. Set it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to let it thicken. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining container of cool whip. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cut into squares and serve. Keep refrigerated.