Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Similar to a yule log, this is a pumpkin jelly roll filled with cream cheese filling. Great for holiday time family get-togethers.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Grease a 10 X 15 cookie sheet.
- Lie with wax paper, then grease again.
- Mix batter in order given.
- Beat eggs and sugar, then add the pumpkin.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Beat into the first mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts if using.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto a towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Roll up in towel and wax paper and let cool.
- Cream ingredients with a hand mixer on med-low speed until smooth.
- Unroll cake and remove the wax paper.
- Spread the filling evenly over the cake.
- Roll back up and wrap in foil.
- Store in the refridgerator until ready to serve.