A staple dessert recipe for the autumn. Freezes well, so can be made ahead of time and sliced into pieces for presentation on dessert table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together in seperate bowl.
- 2Mix wet ingredients in larger bowl than add to dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- 3For the filling:.
- 4Beat together the creme cheese and the 4 TBS butter until creamy. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 5Pour pumpkin batter onto a waxed -paper lined 13 X 5 jelly roll pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 6Remove and let cool for 10 minutes in pan.
- 7Remove from pan holding wax paper in hands and place on tea towel for another 10 minutes to cool some more.
- 8Roll up cake in towel and keep that way for a minute or so.
- 9Unroll and place cake on saran wrap , taking off wax paper carefully.
- 10Spread cremem cheese filling to within an inch of all sides of cake, and then starting with short side of cake , roll up cake tightly and slowly.
- 11Wrap entire cake in saran wrap(don't worry too much about oozing if any-this can be removed later).
- 12Place in fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
- 13If serving soon after making cake roll , then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- 14If freezing cake roll, you can let defrost first to serve whole , but I prefer to slice while frozen for cleaner cut cake slices and then serve individually w/ maybe some caramel sauce drizzled on top!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Log Roll
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g