Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
this delicious moist pumpkin loaf is a healthy alternative to other sweet loaves, still delicious.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 dash clove
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- oil large loaf pan.
- mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine well.
- mix eggs, vanilla and pumpkin together. If you are using fresh pumpkin it should be pre-baked and pureed into a fine paste.
- melt coconut oil over double boiler or in microwave on low, stir until lumps are gone.
- add all ingredients together and pour into pan.
- make sure once the dry and wet are mixed that the batter goes straight into the oven to keep the coconut oil from solidifying and to avoid the baking soda taste.
- The batter should be batter, not too thick - if it is thick it is likely because the coconut oil solidified.
- Bake 55 minutes - 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- does best on convection.
- optional; ice or glaze.