Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dense, moist loaf that is a great way to use up that extra pumpkin puree when you are tired of pumpkin pie. We love it for breakfast, and my daughter likes to take a slice in her lunch. It makes two loaves. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 loaf pans.
- Mix together well the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and raisins, and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake for 60-65 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
This recipe is awesome. It's so easy to make and EVERYONE loves it. Thanks so much for sharing!!
Awesome loaf ! After reading some reviews I decided to sub applesauce for the oil (sorry I cannot bring myself to add a cup of oil to ANYTHING) I used egg beaters (again for "health") and I added a touch more cinnamon, dash of pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and allspice (personal taste)
My son loves Starbucks pumpkin bread. I made this recipe adding additional spices and topped the loaf with toasted sunflower seeds(like Starbucks). He said I hit a homerun. My son and I thank you for such an outstanding recipe, not to mention the fact, that it's so much cheaper to make than buying it by the slice at Starbucks.