1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Loaf
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The icing spread is optional, we like it both ways, ice it to be a little fancier for quests (the spread, icing is very nice on toast, if you have left overs).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homeade or canned)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup raisins or 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2Beat cheese, butter, brown sugar and eggs to gether on electric mixer until light and creamy.
- 3Combine next 6 dry ingredients.
- 4Stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin.
- 5Mix well, Stir in orange rind, raisins and nuts.
- 6Spread in greased 9 inch x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
- 9Wrap cooled loaf and store 1 day before slicing to let flavours mellow.
- 11Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- 12Store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve loaf.
- 13Can be served separately and spread on slices of loaf or ice entire loaf top and sides.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3737.6
- Calories from Fat 1245
- Total Fat 138.3 g
- Saturated Fat 82.8 g
- Cholesterol 794.4 mg
- Sodium 3867.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 586.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 379.7 g
- Protein 57.5 g