Recipe by Stardustannie
A hit with Veggo's and meatlovers a like!!! Seve with a nice green salad and crusty bread.
Top Review by dimensionally transcendental
I doubled the garlic, used a large shallot instead of onion and left out the pepper and mint. Other than that I followed it exactly. The sauce looks like vomit but tastes so amazingly good hubby and I were truly gobsmacked. Will make again whenever pumpkins are in season. Nomnomnom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450 g pumpkin, cooked & pureed
- 400 g canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- salt and pepper
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 -9 large instant lasagna sheets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large pan add the oil and cook the onion until softened.
- Stir in the zucchini and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, pumpkin, lentils, tomatoes, stock, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta and sour cream together with half the cheese. Season well.
- Place 1/3 of the lentil sauce in the base of an ovenproof dish then top with lasagne sheets next layer 1/3 lentil sauce and 1/3 ricotta mixture, repeat. Top last layer with ricotta mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Depending on the shape of your dish you may need to adjust the layering.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.