1/2 Photos of Pumpkin & Lentil Lasagna
1 hr 5 mins
A hit with Veggo's and meatlovers a like!!! Seve with a nice green salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450 g pumpkin, cooked & pureed
- 400 g canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- salt and pepper
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 -9 large instant lasagna sheets
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2In a large pan add the oil and cook the onion until softened.
- 3Stir in the zucchini and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the garlic, pumpkin, lentils, tomatoes, stock, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 6Mix the ricotta and sour cream together with half the cheese. Season well.
- 7Place 1/3 of the lentil sauce in the base of an ovenproof dish then top with lasagne sheets next layer 1/3 lentil sauce and 1/3 ricotta mixture, repeat. Top last layer with ricotta mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Depending on the shape of your dish you may need to adjust the layering.
- 8Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- 9Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin & Lentil Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 208.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: