A recipe from the famous Silver Spoon book of Italian cookery. A fantastic and healthy side to meat.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the pumpkin on a sheet of foil and bring the foil over the top of the pumpkin to create a sealed packet.
- Put on a tray and bake for 1/2 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the pumpkin is done, heat the oil in a pan and add the leeks and pumpkin.
- Fry until the turnip is tender, adding a bit of water from time to time if necessary to keep the pan from drying out too much.
- Add the baked pumpkin slices to the pan and cook a couple more minutes.
- Season, then put in a bowl, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve.