Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An incredibly moist cake even without the frosting! For a Halloween treat, color some of the frosting.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Wet Batter Ingredients
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 3 drops food coloring (optional)
- Dry Ingredients: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Wet Batter ingredients: With electric mixer on medium speed, beat pumpkin and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth. Add remaining ingredients in order, beat well after each addition.
- Combine: With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients into wet batter ingredients, mixing until just mixed.
- Bake: Poiur into 2-9-inch greased and floured round baking pans and bake in preheated 350F oven until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Turn cakes out onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- Frosting: With electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Beat in remaining ingredients. Place one cake layer, rounded side down, on cake plate. Cover with 1/3 of icing. Place second layer on top, rounded side up. Frost sides and top with remaining icing. Chill.