Recipe by Olive*
I got this recipe off of Libby's Pumpkin. It is a nice drink on a cold winter's day. This can be adjusted to suit your taste by the strength and type of the coffee you like, adding more or less of sugar, spice, or the use of whole, 2%, or fat free evaporated milk. I like using whole evaporated milk because it makes it creamier.
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup libby's pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin spice or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipping cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 cup of strong coffee.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, fat free, 2%, or whole.
- ¼ cup Libby’s pure pumpkin.
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- 1/8 teaspoon of pumpkin spice or ground cinnamon.
- Combine coffee, milk, pumpkin, sugar, and spice in a 2 cup microwave safe glass measuring cup. (Or you can use a saucepan too) Heat until very hot, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully pour into mugs. Note: To make the foamy top to your latte, just like they do in the coffee shop, Pour the hot liquid into a blender and cover with the lid, and blend for about 30 seconds to a minute. Pour into mugs. You can also top it of with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.