1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
Angel-mae & cleopatra's mummy's Note:
Yum prep time does not include prebaking pumpkin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg roasted pumpkin
- 30 g butter
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1200 g lasagna noodles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 5 tablespoons cheddar cheese, for a milder flavour
- 400 g spinach or 400 g silver beet
- salt and pepper
basic white sauce
- 1Roast the pumpkin (200C for about 20-40 minutes until tender) and soak pasta in a little boiling water to soften a little. Crush the pumpkin with a fork, adding 2 tbsp of the olive oil if there aren't sufficient juices to keep it moist. Leave it a little chunky, you don't want it too smooth.
- 2In a large frying pan melt the butter over a med to high heat. Add the garlic, stir and add spinach leaves until they wilt. Add them a handful at a time to prevent stewing. Season and drain in a colander. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the feta and 1 tbsp of grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar). Mix well.
- 3Cover bottom of lasagna dish with pasta sheets, top with a layer of pumpkin, top with a 2nd layer of pasta, then the spinach and cheese mixture. Put on the 3rd layer of pasta followed by more pumpkin then the final layer of pasta. Make a basic white sauce and pour over the top then sprinkle with a little more parmesan Cook in a medium oven until brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- 4Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute, until the mixture forms a smooth ‘roux’.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and gradually pour in the milk, stirring or whisking constantly. Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, still stirring or whisking.
- 6Reduce the heat and simmer the white sauce gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is smooth and thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1187.0
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 644.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 39.9 g