Recipe by Chef MB
This is Pam from Clifton, NJ's recipe, that came from the WWRecipes ezine. I wanted nutritional info and a safe place to keep it. If you try, please let us know how it turns out!
- 1 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles, no-boiling variety
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- hot sauce
- couple pinches cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 5 -6 leaves sage, sliced
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Combine ricotta, egg, nutmeg and black pepper in a small bowl, set aside. Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cook onion and garlic over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes (add a little of the.
- broth to the saute if the pan gets too dry), then stir in the broth,.
- pumpkin and evaporated fat free milk. Add the hot sauce,.
- cinnamon and nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sliced sage.
- Spray a 9X13" baking pan with cooking spray. Begin the assembly:.
- spread a thin layer of pumpkin mixture on the bottom. Top with.
- a layer of the dry noodles (you may need to break them up some.
- to fit them neatly in one layer), then plops of ricotta (use 1/3 of it),.
- then about 1 third of the pumpkin mixture, then again and then.
- a third time.
- Top with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and allow it to rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- before serving.