Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted peeled, and seeded
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 lb lamb stew meat
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups lamb stock
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- kosher salt
- 1 cup cooked white kidney beans
- 1 medium pumpkin
- Roast, peel, and seed Poblano Chiles. Dice and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan and add Onion, Garlic, Chiles, and Lamb. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until onions are caramelized. Add Ginger, Tomatoes, Coconut Milk and Lamb Stock. Bring mixture to a boil and add spices and Kidney Beans.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and fibrous strands. Place the shell in a shallow roasting pan and fill with soup mixture. Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour or until the pumpkin flesh is soft.
- Carefully remove pumpkin from pan and place into a large casserole dish. Ladle stew into bowls, making sure to scrape the sides of the pumpkin and get pieces of the flesh with each spoonful.
- Serve with hot rice or cous cous.
- NOTE: Garam Masala is an Indian spice found in specialty food stores or it can be made by grinding together the following spices –.
- 5 teaspoons Coriander Seeds 1 Tbl Cumin Seeds 1 Tbl Black Peppercorns.
- 1 teaspoons Whole Cloves 1 teaspoons Cinnamon 1 teaspoons Green Cardamom Pods.