Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am a huge fan of Lennie's Bob Newhart's Carrot Mold. We have it at least every other week at our house. For Rosh Hashana I wanted to make something with pumpkin, which is one of the traditional foods eaten on that holiday. We adore the carrot mold so much, I basically just substituted fresh pumpkin for the carrots. It was a hit with family and guests. Perfect for Thanksgiving, or if you just love pumpkin!
- Demolish the pumpkin in the food processor.
- Add the margarine, cut into smaller chunks, process.
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and eggs, processing after each addition.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- I usually use a ring mold, but have also used a square pan as well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, until done.