Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A spicy, moist, scrumptious fall/holiday cake.
Make and share this Pumpkin Kahlua Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package spice cake mix, without pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin or 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (adjust to taste)
- To make glaze: In a small mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar, butter, and Kahlua.
- Stir until mixture is smooth; set aside.
- To make cake:In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix and pumpkin.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed until cake mix is moistened.
- Increase mixer speed to medium; add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Add in the water and Dream Whip mix; beat 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased/floured 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for45 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a serving tray.
- Let cake cool slightly.
- Drizzle cake with Kahlua Glaze.