Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something a bit unique. A molded salad or a dessert. Chilling time is not given, in instructions.
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin (I use sugar free)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add sugar and spice.
- Add pumpkin, mixing well.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in cool Whip and nuts.
- Pour into mold or bowl and refrigerate until firm.
This didn't go over to well at Thanksgiving dinner.I noticed people that took it really didn't eat it all or didn't take 2nds.I came home with a full bowl of it ,only to throw it all out.Sorry I thought the idea of pumpkin jello sounded good,but I really didn't enjoy the lemon flavor mingled with the pumpkin.Maybe making it with unflavored gelatin would be better.Thanx for sharing!
A very nice, unusual way to serve up something 'pumpkin,' while being simple to make! Served it as a side dish of jello, but it has all the makings of a wonderful dessert, too! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]