Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was created for the 13th RSC Contest. It requires the use of an ice cream maker. Do not use olive oil flavored cooking spray.
- 236.59 ml milk (I used 1 1/2 %)
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin
- 4.92 ml instant coffee granules
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cardamom
- 3 pita pocket bread (6-inch pitas)
- cooking spray (Pam)
- cinnamon stick (optional garnish)
- Mix all ice cream ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, until sugar and honey are dissolved.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour ingredients into top. Let ice cream maker process for about 20-30 minutes and preferred consistency reached.
- To make pita chips, heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp ground cardamom.
- Slice pita breads into 8 wedges each and place on cookie sheet.
- Spray pita chips with cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar mixture generously over pita chips. Turn pita chips over. Spray other side with cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake in heated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into dish and garnish with 2-3 pita chips and cinnamon stick if using.
Made the ice cream & the chips as given in your recipe, & although I was tempted to leave out the coffee, I didn't since my other half & friends like that stuff! Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the flavors all blended together very nicely & made for a wonderful different dessert! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Move over Ben and Jerry! This is really good! The blend of flavors was perfect. This came together very quickly. I love the flavors of this. I served 2 pita wedges was plenty per serving. It gave a nice spicy crunch to the creamy ice cream. Thanks!
The delicate pumpkin flavor of this ice cream is subtlety enhanced by the coffee granules. Lightly sweetened, with cinnamon and cardamom peeking through in each bite. The crispy cinnamon pita chips are a wonderful accompaniment to this creamy delight. This ice cream would be wonderful paired with a heavily spiced cake. I would not hesitate to serve this to company. Well Done