Recipe by Kim127
This recipe was created for the 13th RSC Contest. It requires the use of an ice cream maker. Do not use olive oil flavored cooking spray.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made the ice cream & the chips as given in your recipe, & although I was tempted to leave out the coffee, I didn't since my other half & friends like that stuff! Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the flavors all blended together very nicely & made for a wonderful different dessert! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 cup milk (I used 1 1/2 %)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 pita pocket bread (6-inch pitas)
- cooking spray (Pam)
- cinnamon stick (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ice cream ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, until sugar and honey are dissolved.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour ingredients into top. Let ice cream maker process for about 20-30 minutes and preferred consistency reached.
- To make pita chips, heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp ground cardamom.
- Slice pita breads into 8 wedges each and place on cookie sheet.
- Spray pita chips with cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar mixture generously over pita chips. Turn pita chips over. Spray other side with cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake in heated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into dish and garnish with 2-3 pita chips and cinnamon stick if using.