Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Here's a nice dessert that's a twist on the traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 1⁄4 graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add the melted butter and toss together well.
- Press into baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Fold in softened ice cream and stir well to combine.
- Spread ice cream mixture over crumbs smoothing the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze to firm.
- Just before serving whip cream to soft peaks.
- Cut Ice Cream into bars.
- Garnish with whipped cream and nuts.