Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This treat is absolutely delightful and refreshing. Even if you don’t have ice cream, yogurt can be a very nice substitute as well. So simple to make that you will be enjoying it in no time at all!
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cold canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ice cubes, approximately
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Serve immediately.
I used honey flavored Greek yogurt in place of the honey and ice cream. Very creamy! Thanks for posting a great healthy treat recipe. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
I make smoothies quite often, but not usually with ice cream, so this one was a real treat for us! I did, however, leave out the ice cubes, 'cause we wanted the full pumpkin flavor! Thanks for sharing a great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef]
This was a very yummy treat! It was hot & humid here in southern NJ and this was just the thing to cool me off! Made for the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game (Nov '08 - Dec '09).