Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A frozen pie that's fun to serve at holiday time instead of the usual pumpkin pie offerings.It's that much better if you use a "higher end" ice cream brand. For those watching fat, low fat ice creams may be used.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pecans (for garnish) (optional)
- In large bowl soften ice cream.
- Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into ready made graham cracker crust.If desired garnish with nuts.
- Freeze until firm 4 or 5 hours.
- Let stand at room temp a bit to soften slightly before serving.
- Cook time is the time for pie to freeze, may vary.