Recipe by She-is-tappin
A nice change from pumpkin pie. It can be decorated with walnut halves and drizzled with maple syrup or served as is. I would recommend removing it from the freezer about 15-20 minutes before serving and dipping the knife in hot water before cutting it.
Top Review by Tracey L.
Yummy! My family loved this recipe, especially my oldest daughter, who is a pumpkin spice fanatic! However, I did add to it, just a bit. I topped it with a piped on, whipped up, heavy whipping cream finish, and lightly sprinkled the topping with orange, and yellow sugar crystals, for a festive, fall look!
- 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream, slightly thawed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter until evenly distributed.
- Press mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Spread softened ice cream on crumb crust, smooth top and spread right to edges of pan.
- Place in freezer until hard.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon over ice cream.
- With back of spoon or dinner knife, create pinwheel design in the pumpkin topping.
- Freeze until firm.