Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
easy tastes just like pumpkin pie with the whipped cream... cook time is the machines time in chilling...
- 16 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Mixing well, and evenly.
- Pour into chilled ice maker canister.
- Follow freezing directions of manufacturer's instructions for your maker.
- Makes about 2 litres.
This is not a bad recipe at all; however, it is not quite what i am looking for. I followed the recipe, but used a full cup of dark brown sugar and played with the spices and even added some allspice. I am definitely after something that is sweeter and has a richer flavor, and I also thought it wouldn't hurt to have just a pinch of salt in the mix.