Recipe by CindiJ
I clipped this out of a local newsletter some time ago as I thought it sounded good. I could see serving this with warm ginger cookies. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan, heat milk and heavy cream almost to a boil. In top of double boiler, combine egg yolks and sugar. Gradually add hot milk mix, stirring constantly. Place over hot, but not boiling water. Cook for 20 minutes or until custard is thick enough to coat back of spoon. DO NOT LET BOIL!
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin and spice, whisk into custard.
- Freeze in ice cream maker or freezer, stirring occasionally until frozen to desired consistency.
- Cook time is freeze time.