1 hr 30 mins
Use solid-pack pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and corn syrup into the egg yolks until thickened and pale yellow.
- 2Beat in the cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, bring the half-and-half to a simmer.
- 4Slowly beat the hot half-and-half into the egg/sugar mixture.
- 5Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and place over low heat.
- 6Stir constantly with a whisk until the custard thickens slightly (be careful not to let the mixture boil or the eggs will scramble).
- 7Remove pan from heat and beat in the pumpkin.
- 8Pour the hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl.
- 9Allow the custard to cool slightly, then stir in the cream and vanilla.
- 10Cover and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- 11Stir the chilled custard; freeze in 1 or 2 batches in an ice cream machine by following the manufacturer's directions.
- 12When done, the ice cream will be soft; for firmer ice cream, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze several hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g