Recipe by Sue Lau
Very easy to make! I am sure this would go great with some praline topping for a wonderful fall sundae treat! Enjoy!
Top Review by Leahcooks
This review only gets 3 stars from me because it got so hard in the freezer that we could barely eat it. I loved the flavor and it is like eating frozen pumpkin pie. However, I didn't realize that by leaving in the freezer for several hours it would harden so much - not like normal ice cream (guessing bc of the high content of pumpkin). I have it sitting on the counter right now, thawing it out. I can't even scoop it from the container. Again - the flavor is very good, but if you make it, check it frequently in the freezer so you get the desired consistency.
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup cream
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together ingredients until smooth.
- Place mixture into an electric ice cream maker and operate machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When mixture is thick, place ice cream into a freezer container to firm up as desired (it should be like soft-serve out of the machine).
- Freeze time is cook time (average machine timing).