Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Cooking Light Nov 2008
Make and share this Pumpkin Honey Beer Quick Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 14 5⁄8 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seed
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey beer (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, and next 4 ingredients (through pumpkin pie spice) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine 1/2 cup water and flaxseed.
- Place sugar and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended.
- Add flaxseed mixture and pumpkin; beat at low speed just until blended. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- Divide batter between 2 (9 x 5–inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.