Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
I was searching for a recipe for anything replacing sugar with honey. I found a few different recipes, and created my own from them. Please use a mild honey, stong honey overpowers the cake.
- 3 cups gingersnap crumbs (or graham cracker crumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 -3 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup honey (very mild tasting)
- 4 eggs
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine crust ingredients and press into springform pan.
- Whip honey and 2 egg whites until fluffy; set aside.
- Cream softened cream cheese until light.
- Add remaining eggs (and yolks), vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and honey mixture in this order, whipping thoroughly.
- Fold in pumpkin until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour batter onto crust.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 350*F.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 400*F.
- Prepare topping by combining sour cream and 1/4 cup honey.
- Pour topping over cake, and return to 400*F oven for 5 minutes.
- Cool 45-60 minutes, then refrigerate cake.
- Cheesecake is best when aged 2-3 days.
- FOR A PLAIN CHEESECAKE, OMIT PUMPKINPIE SPICE, AND PUMPKIN.
- USE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS, AND ADD 2 TSP LEMON JUICE TO FILLING.