Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in an Herb cookbook. This recipe was very yummy and I wanted to share. I use canned pumpkin and found the recipe very quick to fix after work.
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (I use canned pumpkin)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, and liquid
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1⁄2 cup julienned ham
- Blend cooked pumpkin pulp and broth in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion, corn, salt, pepper, sugar and ham.
- Heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Blend in cream and basil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover pan and let stand about 5 minute before serving.
Creamy and delicious, the ham and corn made for hearty. A perfect chowder for a chilly evening.Other then using a touch less basil I went with the recipe. We loved it! I suspect this recipe will be made as often as your wonderful Tangy Tomato Slices. Thank you Bev.