Top Review by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
Wow! If this doesn't win I'll be shocked... it is exceptionally good! And this is coming from someone who isn't even all that enthusiastic about pumpkin anything. When you can influence my taste buds and change my mind like that I'm impressed to the tune of 5 stars! Hubby says he would give it 10 stars if that were possible on taste alone... and he doesn't dole out that kind of praise easily! This dish is revolutionary in our kitchen and will probably be replacing the traditional pumpkin pie served each year at thanksgiving! When the contest is over I will be most anxious to know if you created this especially for the contest or did you improvise on an already existing recipe, either way it's a sure winner in my books! Thanks again! I'm submitting a photo in gratitude.
For The Crust
- 24 gingersnaps
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml sugar
For The Filling
- 453.59 g cream cheese, softened
- 453.59 g pumpkin puree
- 5 eggs
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml Frangelico liqueur
- 3.69 ml cinnamon, ground
- 2.46 ml ginger, ground
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, ground
- 0.59 ml clove, ground
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
For The Topping
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml Frangelico
- 10 whole hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ginger snaps and sugar in food processor and process until fine.
- With machine running, add melted butter and process until crumbly.
- Pat into bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In food processor or by hand, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, 1/2 cup Frangelico, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla until completely smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, confectioners sugar and Frangelico for topping.
- Carefully pour over top of hot cake, smoothing with a spatula.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until edges begin to bubble.
- Remove from oven, cool completely and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, run a small knife around the edge of the cake and then release the spring form.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Decorate with whipped cream and whole hazelnuts.
- Leave cake at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving to improve flavor.