Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The apples add a little moisture to these nice fall muffins. The raisins can be eliminated.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups unpeeled grated granny smith apples
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In small bowl, combine butter, 2 Tbls cinnamon, 1/2 c of the sugar and 2 Tbls of the flour.
- Mix until crumbles form, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining flour, wheat germ, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice In separate bowl, combine pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add wheat germ mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in apples and raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle butter mixture over each muffin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I just made these muffins today. Although the recipe directions are a little convoluted, the muffins can't be beaten!