Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from the Kraft web site a while ago. I love pumpkin and this is so great tasting. When you take the time to decorate it with the pecans and drizzled chocolate it is divine looking.
- 177.44 ml chocolate wafer crumbs
- 78.07 ml pecans (finely chopped)
- 44.37 ml butter (melted)
- 354.88 ml canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs (at room temp)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 3 (750 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients and press onto bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and spices in medium bowl
- In larger bowl with electric mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch. Blend in pumpkin mixture and stir well.
- Pour over crust and bake 50 - 55 minutes or until centre is just set.
- Remove from oven and run knife around rim of pan. Cool thoroughly at room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
- Can be drizzled with some melted semi sweet chocolate . Just pipe a random pattern on top of cake using a baggie with a small hole in corner to pipe out and sprinkle with some crushed pecans on top. Around cake sides you can line up whole pecans.