Recipe by Evie*
Lovely breakfast dish, serve with maple syrup and a sausage or 2.
Top Review by Mirj
A totally different breakfast than anything I have ever had before, and I am so glad I tried it! It's sweet, yet not so sweet, and with just a touch of cinnamon that I added to it, it was delicious. I served it with honey instead of maple syrup, and can't wait to have these again!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed pumpkin (mashed as fine as possible)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (, browned)
- butter (for frying)
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornmeal,sugar, salt and soda in a large bowl.
- Add the mashed pumpkin, water and egg, and mix well.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Grease a stove-top griddle or heavy frypan and heat until very hot.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the griddle or pan and fry until lightly browned, turning once.
- Serve with maple syrup, if liked.