Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/pumpkin-granola/
Make and share this Pumpkin Granola recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt. Mix well.
- 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- 4. Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated. They will be moist.
- 5. Evenly spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and stir.
- 7. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or granola looks toasty. Mixture will still look slightly damp. Take out a little and let it cool to see if it crisps up.
- 8. If it does, remove from the oven and stir in dried cranberries and pepitas.
- 9. If you like your granola in clusters, press the granola together as if you're making a rice crispy treat.
- 10. Let cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
This is just delicious! Very, very good and I'm so glad I made it. My whole house smells amazing right now. I did add an extra 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg in addition to the pumpkin pie spice. While I don't necessarily think this has a pumpkin taste, it does have a great warm spiced flavor that just makes you think of autumn and pumpkin pie.