Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie. It has a great flavor and is soft in the middle. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.
- Combine all the ingredients of the cake as directed by the ingredient list (not the cake box).
- Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture over the cake batter and bake at 350 for about 50-60 minutes or until baked. **Inside should be gooey, but not runny**.
- Let cool on wire rack and cut into squares.
- Refridgerate left overs.