Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is so yummy. It is the only Gnocci recipe I have tried that has worked flawlessly. It comes from the Australian Good Taste magazine.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place washed potatoes and deseeded and quartered squash on the tray and bake for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and pumpkin and place in large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste then mash until smooth.
- Stir flour into potato mixture then turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Divide dough into 4 portions and roll each into a 2cm (1 inch) log. Use a lightly floured knife and cut each log into 2cm long pieces. Place pieces onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and then roll each ball over the back of a lightly floured fork to create a slightly oval shaped ball with shallow grooves and place back on the tray.
- Leek and Basil Butter.
- heat oil over medium high heat in a frying pan. Cut the pale part of the leek into thin matchsticks and add to the oil. Cook 1 - 2 minutes. Transfer leeks to a papertowel lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add basil and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 - 2 minutes (until just crisp) then transfer to the plate. Add butter to the pan and heat until melted. Cover pan to keep butter warm.
- Cook the gnocchi in 3 or 4 batches in a large saucepan of boiling water until it rises to the surface. Drain well and serve onto plates. Drizzle each plate with melted butter and top with leek/basil/chilli.