1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is so yummy. It is the only Gnocci recipe I have tried that has worked flawlessly. It comes from the Australian Good Taste magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place washed potatoes and deseeded and quartered squash on the tray and bake for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- 2Peel potatoes and pumpkin and place in large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste then mash until smooth.
- 3Stir flour into potato mixture then turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Divide dough into 4 portions and roll each into a 2cm (1 inch) log. Use a lightly floured knife and cut each log into 2cm long pieces. Place pieces onto a baking paper lined tray.
- 4Roll each piece of dough into a ball and then roll each ball over the back of a lightly floured fork to create a slightly oval shaped ball with shallow grooves and place back on the tray.
- 5Leek and Basil Butter.
- 6heat oil over medium high heat in a frying pan. Cut the pale part of the leek into thin matchsticks and add to the oil. Cook 1 - 2 minutes. Transfer leeks to a papertowel lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- 7Add basil and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 - 2 minutes (until just crisp) then transfer to the plate. Add butter to the pan and heat until melted. Cover pan to keep butter warm.
- 8Cook the gnocchi in 3 or 4 batches in a large saucepan of boiling water until it rises to the surface. Drain well and serve onto plates. Drizzle each plate with melted butter and top with leek/basil/chilli.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Gnocchi With Leek and Basil Butter
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g