This is from the show "Christina Cooks" and while I hate to post recipes I haven't made, I didn't want to lose this one! Also, times are estimates!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup cooked white rice, pureed until smooth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pureed cooked butternut squash or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- filtered water, as needed
- 1Make the pasta. Sift flour onto a dry work surface. Make a well in the center of flour and add rice, salt, oil and pureed squash. Mix gradually, kneading into a smooth, soft dough by drawing small amount of flour in from the edges as you knead. Add more flour if the dough seems too sticky or more water if it feels too dry--but in both cases, add small amounts very slowly so as not to jeopardize the quality of the dough. Continue kneading until dough is a soft, workable ball, about 10 minutes. Set aside. Makes about 1 pound of dough.
- 2To make the gnocchi, flour a fork. Pinch off 1-inch pieces of dough and roll into balls between your fingers. Run the pasta ball on the fork to create ridges. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet that has been sprinkled with semolina. Repeat until you have made the desired amount of gnocchi. (The balance of the dough can be frozen.).
- 3Bring a pot of water to the boil, with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the gnocchi until just tender, about 2 minutes. The gnocchi will sink to the bottom of the pot. When it rises, it is done. Drain, but do not rinse.
- 4While the pasta cooks, make the oil. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat and cook for 3-4 minutes to develop the flavors. Strain the oil and toss with cooked gnocchi. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Gnocchi With Basil Oil
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 729.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g