Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Do you have a pumpkin glut? Make gnocchi! My bread machine has a pasta cycle which consists of kneading and rising for a total of 1 hr 20 min. This is included in the prep time.
- 500 g pumpkin, grated
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Mix in your breadmachine on the pasta setting.
- Place the dough onto a slightly floured surface, knead lightly and then divide into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion into a long sausage shape.
- Cut into 1.5 - 2 cm pieces and press with the outside of a fork.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the gnocchi.
- Cook for approx 3 minutes or until the pieces rise to the surface.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain the gnocchi and transfer to serving bowls.
- Serve, tossed with your favourite pasta sauce.
If you don't have a bread maker and are grating by hand, then this recipe takes about 20-30 minutes to whip up.